Cambuslang Rangers 2-0 Glasgow Perthshire

Central Region 1st Division

Saturday 9th September 2006


Cambuslang Rangers moved off the foot of the table after they recorded their first league win of the season. Saturdays 2-0 victory came as a huge relief to the Lang management and this will hopefully kick start the Lang's season.


Manager Scott Archer wasn't there to see his side notch the win, as he had food poisoning. So it was left to Archie Malley and Gary Shillady to take the reigns.


Cambuslang started with new signing Martin Fusari in goals. There were also new face of Andrew Bannerman was impressive in the middle of the park and up front Robert Wyatt Scored on his full debut.



McCracken (8) Scored A Belter

Patrick On The Attack


Cambuslang welcomed back Gary McGuigan who had missed the last few games through holiday and also missing was full back Chris Doyle who had a wedding. Steven O'Neil was available despite his sending off in the last match, also Brian Martin had recovered from a rib injury that was expected to keep him out.


It was a pretty slow start to the match as both sides tried to cope with the poor weather making the surface very slippy. It was all of 14 minutes before any notable action. Patrick went close for the home side, his effort well saved by The Perthshire keeper.


Cambuslang picked up a booking when Wyatt was yellow carded for a flaying elbow. Cambuslang had a couple of chances midway through the half. Firstly O'Neil had a shot saved and then Carson had a header saved by the Keeper. The visitors hit back with their first effort at goal on the half hour mark but Cahoon 's header went inches wide.


Just before the break and Cambuslang came close to open the scoring when Carson and Patrick linked up resulting in Carson's cross being headed just wide by the Patrick.

H-T 0-0


Carson Clearing The Danger

Donnelly Out Jumps Perthshire Attacker


Cambuslang started the second half on the attack. McCracken going close with his 20 yard drive. The break through came on 53 minutes. Patrick played in Carson who found Wyatt unmarked and he slotted into the empty net. Perthshire had their keeper to thank minutes later as he pulled off a fine save from Lang's NUMBER 7.


On 64 minutes it was Cambuslang who had their keeper to thank after he pulled off a fine stop from Dempsey's effort. Cambuslang almost doubled their lead on 65 minutes. Patrick's effort looked a goal al the way until defender Bradley threw himself in front of the Lang mans effort. Cambuslang picked up another yellow card when McGuigan was cautioned.

Cambuslang increased their lead on 75 minutes, McCracken picked up the ball 25 yards from goal and unleashed a super effort that flew past the keeper into the top corner, it was a goal as soon as it left his foot. Cambuslang then replaced Wyatt with Chris Faulds.


Perthshire almost pulled a goal back immediately. Craig fired in a shot but a superb finger tip save put the ball onto the bar before it was cleared. A fine reflex save from Lang's new keeper.


Wyatt Slots The Ball Home

Carson In The Thick Of It


The visitors were seeing more of the ball now and were beginning to put Cambuslang defence under a bit of pressure. Things weren't helped when McGuigan was forced off with an injury, Keane replaced him.


Cambuslang were holding strong but the chances were coming thick and fast for the visitors but they were unable to find away past the Lang goalie. Carson picked up a booking near the end of the game as Cambuslang held on for their first league win of the season. 


Lang Line Up

More Action Shots Click Link Below





















McGuigan (Keane 80)





Patrick (Reid 85)

Wyatt (Faulds 76)


Unused Subs