Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 1-0 Cambuslang Rangers

Central Region 1st Division

Saturday 3rd February 2007

at Adamslie Park


Cambuslang Rangers failed to make it two in a row under now boss Alan Wardlaw on Saturday as they went down 1-0 away to league leaders Kirkintilloch Rob Roy. It was a big ask for Cambuslang to take anything from this game and before hand not many expected anything either. But it was definitely a game of 2 halves as far as Cambuslang were concerned. A solid first half saw Cambuslang carve out a couple of really good chances that they failed to capitalise on. The second half, well Cambuslang failed to show and the home side dominated for long spells.


Despite the defeat there are signs that Cambuslang maybe just be able to pull themselves out of the trouble they find themselves in. Every game between now and the end of the season is a cup final for the Somervell Park side and must be treated as such.


Cambuslang made just the one change to last weeks victorious side, out went Zander McMullan and his starting slot was given to Davie Carson wide right. Last weeks scoring sub Alan Patrick had to make do with another start on the bench. There was no Steven O'Neil or Martin Fusari who have both left the club by mutual consent.


McGuigan and McPeake Clash

Cassidy Closes Down Rob Roy


The game itself was not much of a spectacle but there were chances for both sides. As early as the first minute and Cambuslang passed up a glorious chance for a dream start. McKinnon broke form midfield but his shot was straight at the keeper who made the comfortable save. Lang's Coyle was given a ticking off by the ref for a late challenge on Carberry after only 5 minutes.


The home side’s first effort at goal came on 8 minutes when Gauley fired wide from close range. On 16 minutes both sides were forced into making changes, for Lang Doyle had to be replaced by Gallagher after picking up a knock and for the home side Campbell came on for the injured McPeake.


Rob Roy's best effort of the half came on 33 minutes when Dees got on the end of a cross deep into Lang's penalty area but his volley was well saved by Chappell in goal.


Rob Roy picked up a booking when Gauley was cautioned for a dive in the box.


H-T 0-0

Coyle Holds Off Rob Roy Defender

Carson Tried To Stop Rob Roy Attack


The second half was a non event as far as Cambuslang were concerned and they failed to deliver the grit and determination showed in the first half. Rob Roy began to dominate the middle of the park. Despite all their efforts though they didn't really trouble Chappell in Cambuslangs goal.


Rob Roy picked up a booking on the 55 minute mark when Tulloch was shown the yellow card. Cambuslang introduced Patrick for Kondol on the hour mark but the Lang striker failed to get into the game as Cambuslang midfield seemed to have run out of steam and service to the front two was limited. Tulloch tested Chappell with a fine strike that the Lang keeper did well to keep out but unfortunately the ball fell kindly for ex-Lang man Stuart Gauley and he rolled the ball home for what turned out to be the winning goal.


Carson Hols Off Challenge

Coyle In The Thick Of It


Cambuslang then replaced the hard working Coyle with Robertson but he too had very little impact in the way the game was going.


On 70 minutes McGuigan gave away a foul on the edge of the box, but luckily Rob Roy failed to take advantage and rattled the free kick off the wall.


F-T 1-0


Lang Line Up

For More Shots From The Game




















Doyle (Gallagher 15)






Coyle (Robertson 65)


Kondol (Patrick 58)


Unused Subs







Click Here