Cambuslang Rangers 4-0 Maybole Juniors

Stagecoach Super League 1st Division

Saturday 18th December

at Somervell Park


Cambuslang Rangers welcomed Maybole Juniors to Somervell at the weekend and comfortably gathered another vital 3 points. With the Lang injury situation now at frightening levels it is a wonder the manager gets 11 fit players on the park. McGregor, Holmes, Fisher, McGrath, McCarroll, Paterson and Doak, no not the Lang starting line up, that was the players unavailable for Saturday's match.


Cambuslang finished the year with a fine 4-0 win courtesy of A hat trick from Brown and a single from McCrae that eased Cambuslang to the win.


The management team deserve all the credit going as week in week out they are hampered with a depleted squad but time and time again they have came up trumps and got the performance from the players that sees them sit in 4th spot in the table.


Promotion might be at the back of Andy Cunningham's mind for now but when players come back hopefully after the winter break then maybe they might just find themselves in a promotion battle.


Another new look back four this week as Cambuslang were forced to draft in a trialist to play alongside Martin Feenie.


The first chance of the game fell to the visitors and Kerr forced an excellent stop from Rowan who at full stretch pulled off a fine save. Minutes later it was the home side who went close but really should have opened the scoring. Ferguson's cross was met by Brown unmarked at the back post but he headed weakly over from 7 yards. On the 20 minute mark Cambuslang had keeper Rowan to thank once again as he pulled off another vital save this time from Scott. Lang went close after a fine shot on the turn by McCrae was well saved by Kelly in the Maybole goal. The home side should have opened the scoring on 35 minutes when McCrae volleyed over 6 yards out. With the half time interval looming Cambuslang made the breakthrough. A break from defence by Feenie who sent Galloway down the left he then played in Brown who calmly lifted the ball over the advancing keeper and his shot trickled over the line despite the keepers fingertips taking the pace off the lob. It was no more than the home side deserved and a minute later it was 2. A long ball from the back found McCrae bearing in on goal and it was his turn to chip the stranded keeper.

H-T 2-0


The 2nd half started with Galloway getting a yellow card that would prove costly late in the game, he was late going in on the keeper. The goal of the game came on 56 minutes. Brown latched onto McCrae's pass he then fed it out wide to Tyczynski who made for the bye line before delivering the perfect cross for Brown who had continued his run into the box and Brown made no mistake finishing off the move by nodding past the keeper.


On the hour mark Cambuslang replaced Carmichael with Graham and the subs involvement was instant as he set up Brown for his hat trick. Graham played the ball to Brown and still with lots to do the Lang striker was bearing in on goal leaving the Maybole defenders in his wake before he rounded the keeper and tapped into the empty net.


Cambuslang then replaced the hard working McCrae who was struggling with flu. His place was taken by Young.


The game ended in a bit of a sour note when Galloway received a second yellow card. The Lang winger was adjudged to have fouled Mayboles Davie but clearly there was no intent or contact made and the Maybole player went down in the proverbial instalments . The ref pulled play back and to the astonishment of everyone sent Galloway packing..

F-T 4-0


Rowan, Ferguson, Trialist, Feenie, Coulter, Carmichael (Graham 62), Galloway, Brown, McCrae (Young 81), Burns, Tyczynski


Subs Not Used, Archer, Trialist